Whether you argue with your loved ones that your house is too cool at 68 degrees or not, keeping your air conditioning unit in pristine condition this summer will help you when the hottest days come through. In today’s blog, we are going to review why it’s so important to maintain your air conditioning unit and what simple actions can be taken to maintain it too.
The first question is why should you maintain your air conditioning unit? You may be thinking, “My air conditioner is working great. Why would I need to maintain it?” Just like your car, your A/C unit needs regular maintenance checks to keep it running smoothly.
So, how does regular maintenance on your HVAC unit help?
- It improves the unit’s performance. When maintenance is performed the air conditioner stays in top condition not requiring it to run extra to cool down a room.
- It helps you avoid expensive repairs or breakdowns of the unit.
- Regular maintenance will increase the lifespan of your air conditioning unit.
- When your unit is maintained correctly it also helps to preserve the energy efficiency of the equipment.
So, now that you know why you should maintain your air conditioning unit, what actions can you take to maintain it?
- Change out your air filter – If you don’t know how to change out your air filter, call us for an appointment.
- Spring Cleaning before Summer – If you notice that your air conditioner unit is looking dirty, we recommend having it cleaned. Cleaning your unit helps preserve the energy efficiency of the unit. You can also call us to perform this maintenance so we can make sure no nook or cranny is missed.
- Leaks – It is fairly common for air conditioner units to develop freon leaks with normal use. With a simple inspection and cleaning of the coils we can check freon levels.
When is the best time to have your HVAC system inspected? Before you turn it on for the summer. We are currently scheduling system inspections, so please call us at 812-683-0675 to make an appointment.